Super High Performance Polyaspartic Floor Coatings
Polyaspartic is short for polyaspartic aliphatic polyurea. This is a two-part product which is solvent driven and offers some clear benefits over an epoxy coating. Primarily, it better resists hot-tire pickup, is 3x harder, has superior gloss retention, resists more chemicals, has higher abrasion resistance, increased adhesion to concrete and has a quick return-to-service. There are a few different systems that we offer depending on the desired results and application for the end-user.
The preparation of the floor includes diamond grinding or shot-blasting, crack repair, control joint filling (upon request), spalling repairs, and coating removal (if necessary).
Our standard three-coat SHP Polyaspartic system offers a Lifetime Warranty for residential floors. This includes the color flake or chip system. If you’re looking for the ultimate in performance, check our the quartz aggregate four-coat system that also comes with a Lifetime warranty.
Commercial and Industrial Polyaspartic Floor Coatings
SHP Polyaspartic coatings are also ideal for use in commercial and walking surfaces, retail stores, courtyards, restrooms, malls, laboratories, machine shops, manufacturing facilities. Polyaspartic floors are easy to maintain because they are durable and tough. Many of our customers pressure wash their floors regularly. They do not stain and are impenetrable. The coating system seals the floor and is suitable for commercial kitchens and areas regulated by the FDA and USDA. SHP Polyaspartic flooring is long lasting and looks great too! It can give your space a high degree of corrosion protection that has good overall weathering and does not discolor in the sun or under many other harsh conditions.
Are you thinking about having polyaspartics floors installed at your business? Here are some of the key things to know about this evolution in flooring system technology:
- Polyaspartic has superior impact and chip resistance compared to other coatings
- Superior abrasion resistance compared to epoxy and urethane systems
- 1 to 2 hours to re-coat or walk on allowing for quick return to service
- Chemical resistance to staining from fats, oil, red wine, and more
- High coating thickness
- Non-yellowing, optical clarity (UV Stable)
- High bond strength to concrete, porous tile, fiberglass, mineral substrates, and metal
- Flexibility and adhesion
- Easy to clean up (even graffiti removal is a snap)
- Superior color and gloss retention